Social and Environmental responsibility has always been at the forefront of the Ajnara’s operating philosophy and has never shunned away from fulfilling its social responsibilities. As a responsible Corporate Citizen receiving various benefits from the society, we recognize that it is our co-extensive responsibility to pay back in return to the society by contributing to social and environmental causes. We believe that the very existence and success of an organization is very much depends on the healthy relations it maintains with its employees, consumers and the society at large. And we are of the opinion that the Corporate Social Responsibility envisaged under section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 underlines the objective of bringing about a difference and adding values by promoting positive Social and environmental change.
Our CSR Vision:
Through meaningful measures, contribute to the Social, economic and environmental development in which we operate and involve the community in these efforts thereby adding value to the nation.
Our CSR Objective
- 1. Developing effective and meaningful strategies for engaging with the stakeholders and the society at large.
- 2. Ensuring socio-economic development of the community through different participatory and need-based initiatives in the best interest of the poor and deprived sections of the society to build a better tomorrow for themselves.
Our CSR Activities
The CSR activities we will pursue be in line with our stated Vision and Objective, focused not just around our projects and offices, but also in other geographies based on the needs of the communities.
The Five thrust areas will be :
- 1. Eradication of hunger, poverty and malnutrition
- Provision of food, nutritional supplements, clothes etc for the poor and other deprived sections of the society.
- 2. Promoting sanitation, making available safe drinking water and development of other Rural Development Projects.
- 3. Promoting Health care including Preventive Health care through awareness program, health check-ups, provision of medicine & treatment facilities, prevention of female feticide through awareness creation, program for preventing diseases and building immunity.
- 4. Ensuring environmental sustainability and ecological balance through:
- Plantation drives in schools, villages, our project sites /business premises and other areas in general;
- Reviving endangered plants, promoting agro-forestry;
- Protection of flora & fauna;
- Conservation of natural resources
- Promoting biodiversity;
- 5. Employment and livelihood enhancing vocational skills and projects for men and women including plumbing, repairing and fitting of electrical appliances and fittings, aluminum fabrication and other vocational training and livelihood enhancement projects.
In addition to the above we will strive to cover those other areas/activities as covered under SCHEDULE VII of the Companies Act, 2013
We have constituted a robust and transparent governance structure to oversee the implementation of our CSR Policy, in compliance with the requirements of Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013.
A. CSR Committee
At Ajnara, our CSR governance structure will be headed by the Board Level CSR committee that will ultimately be responsible for the CSR projects undertaken. The committee will report to our Board of Directors. The Members of the present CSR Committee are:
- 1. Mr. Suresh Chandra
- 2. Mr. Pramod Kumar Gupta
- 3.Mr. Ashok Kumar Gupta
B. Responsibilities of CSR Committee
- 1. Formulate and update our CSR Policy, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors of the Company
- 2. Suggest areas of intervention to the Board of Directors
- 3. Approve projects that are in line with the CSR policy
- 4. Put monitoring mechanisms in place to track the progress of each project
- 5. Recommend the CSR expenditure to the Board of Directors of the company, for its approval
- 6.. Meet at least twice a year to review the progress made
Mechanism for Implementation
The principal implementer for our CSR activities will be Gyan Foundation, a trust specifically formed for implementing the CSR activities of Ajnara Group. The company may specify the project or programs to be undertaken through this trust, the modalities of utilization of funds on such projects or programs and monitoring and reporting mechanism.
At the same time, we recognize the need to work in partnership with other players also. This would include:
- Contribution to various funds which are aligned with our Vision and Mission e.g. Prime Minister's National Relief Fund
- Any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief of the welfare of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women.
- Collaborating or pooling resources with other companies to undertake aforesaid CSR activities.
Quantum of Amount to be spent on CSR Activities
- i. The Company shall strive to spend in every financial year at least 2% (two percent) Of the average net profits of the Company made during the three immediately preceding financial years.
- ii. Any surplus arising and/or additional revenue generated out of CSR Activities undertaken by the Company shall not form the part of business profit of the Company and same shall be spent for undertaking any CSR Activities only.
CSR Reporting and Display
The Company shall include in the Annual Report on CSR containing particulars specified in the Annexure to the Companies ("CSR Policy') Rules, 2014 and also the contents of the CSR Policy in its Board Report and display the same on the Company's website.